6.03.2010

It's Wedding Season. . .

As most of you already know, I was engaged two years ago. (Wow, it's been two years.) And as I'm sure you have also recognized, it's wedding season! *sigh* Wedding season always gives me mixed feelings, has for years. Half of me dreams of getting married and having kids one day, yet I doubt that will ever happen. I'm not a pessimistic person in general, just when it comes to relationships and other people. Maybe it's because I've been let down, or maybe it's because if I don't have high expectations it's harder to be disappointed.

As a Weddingbook moderator (It's an application on facebook that has forums for couples planning their weddings. I became a mod two months after I got engaged and haven't stepped down yet, mind you, I called off the wedding a year and a half ago! I've considered quitting numerous times but I do love it there and I don't mind being the "single moderator.") I am constantly aware of wedding stuff. At times, it gets to me that I may never find that person, that I may never have that, but for the most part I just enjoy hearing about, helping and seeing happy couples (even if I get twinges of jealousy from time to time) and I LOVE seeing the photos of their big days.

Back to the purpose of this blog. I recently came across a blog entitled "My Ex-Wife's Wedding Dress." I am hooked. This guy recently got divorced and his ex wife left her wedding dress behind for him to do what he wished with it. Well his goal is to come up with 101 uses for a wedding dress. It is great. And in it he writes about what it's like going through the divorce, it's very interesting.

Prior to finding this blog I had been thinking about what I could do with my dress. It's gorgeous, but even if I ever do get married I don't see myself wearing it because it's "tainted." I don't know, it would be weird to get married in a dress that I bought for a wedding that never happened, ya know? Anyhow, I know I could try to sell it, but I don't know how likely it is that it would actually sell. It has been hanging in a closet for two years just waiting to be used for something. So I had tried thinking of a fun "project" I could use it for. I mean I would have to buy it off my parents first, or promise to buy my real wedding dress (if I ever have one) myself.

So here is what I have come up with, whether I go through with it or not, only time will tell. I won't be starting it until the end of summer at the earliest. . . I am considering doing a photo project entitled "52 Places To Wear A Wedding Dress" or "52 Things To Do While Wearing A Wedding Dress." Why 52 you ask? Well, I wouldn't want to do more than one a week. But one a week does seem like a do-able option. This project would have to include someone else, not always the same someone else, but I wouldn't be able to take the pictures myself and get the full effect. Plus, I figure wearing a wedding dress 52 different days in a year is going to get far more out of it than had I wore it the one day I was supposed to. Plus I think it could be one hell of a fun project. So I have started a list. Any additions to said list that you can think of can be messaged to me on facebook, commented here or emailed to me directly. :)

And since every post has pictures. . . here are the ones for this blog. . . me in the dress.





Song of the Day:
So What by Pink
[If you know my taste in music you would know that Pink is one of my favorite artists. I don't know, there's just something about a good-looking, badass, true to herself artist. Plus I tend to relate to some of her songs. And I LOVE this one. Once again, not directed at anyone in particular, but rather a whole group of people. :) ]
♥ Sara
“Maybe some women aren’t meant to be tamed. Maybe they just need to run free till they find someone just as wild to run with them.” -Sex in the City
(Ya know, I keep finding these quotes so I'm thinking I should probably actually watch an episode or two. lol.)

No comments: