12.25.2010

Gingerbread.

Completed - 2. Build a gingerbread house.
Now, when I wrote this list, I wasn't exactly planning on building a gingerbread house with a three year old. So, I'm happy I didn't specify that it had to look a certain way or be a difficult-to-build gingerbread house. And, honestly, making it with John and his son was much more fun than building it on my own anyhow. So, here are a couple pictures of our gingerbread house. . . John is currently in the process of plotting its destruction.
5. Complete a coloring book, cover to cover.
Well, I finally found one I liked, so I bought it! But because of the holidays I haven't had a chance to color at all. I can't wait until my life calms back down.

20. Complete a fill-it-in book without dad taking it over.
I love fill-it-in books, as does my daddio. I have bought many over the years that dad somehow ends up filling most of them. (Not that I mind.) So, the whole "without dad taking it over" was written to get a laugh out of him. It's a little bit more difficult for him to steal them now that I no longer live there and don't even stay the night when I visit.

Well, for Christmas dad bought me my own fill it in and wrote a note on the front of it to remind himself and everyone else that it is all mine. :) One of my favorite gifts this year.

40. Try 101 new recipes.
Thanks to Christmas I had the opportunity to try eleven new recipes! I only had one repeat cookie and one repeat candy this year. And most of my family complained because they didn't get any "normal" cookies. Well guess what, maybe they should have baked them! (Not that we needed another cookie in the house, but I don't particularly enjoy it when my family complains about stuff that I make when I don't ever see them doing it!) When I get home I'll find the websites that I got my recipes from and include them as well. :)

Blackberry Ribbons
They were supposed to be raspberry but I made them blackberry for John. And they looked much nicer once i took them off of the paper that I spilled so much icing on.
Cowboy Chip Cookies
I replaced the nuts with butterscotch chips.
Chippy Cookies (the ones in the back. . . the ones in the front weren't new.)
Chocolate Covered Caramel Cookies
Candy Cane Chocolate Fudge
Snowballs
Oreo Truffles
Peanut Butter Balls
Cookie Dough Truffles
Sugar Free Eclairs
Well, that's all the progress I have made this week on the 101 project.
Merry Christmas!!
♥ Sara

No comments: