2.06.2011

Getting There!

In Progress - 12. Read and review 50 books.
P.S. I Love You
This book took far longer than I would have liked to read. I kept getting too busy to read, so it was set aside far too many times. It was *so* good though.

I saw the movie before I read the book, which I hate doing. Although I feel both of them were good, I think I liked the ending of the book better. ;) The book was a tearjerker, I managed to keep my emotions under control for most of it, but I know I shed a couple tears in reading Holly's journey. I would definitely recommend it to anyone, although I'm sure most guys wouldn't even give it a chance. . .

The Notebook
When I went to my cousin's wedding last weekend, John drove and when I ride, I have to do something or I will sleep. So, I chose to read. In fact, I read the entire book "The Notebook" before we made it to Dundee.

Once again, I saw the movie before reading the book. (Ugh.) I definitely liked the book more. It focused more on their reunion and life "now" than on their summer romance. It was harder than hell to make it through that book without shedding a tear. Once again, I would recommend it. . . .but I think it's time for Stephen King and I to reunite. ;)

In Progress - 14. Watch 101 New Movies.
Saints and Soldiers.
Miracle at Santa Anna.
Get Smart.

I LOVED the first two, and honestly, missed the last 1/4 of the movie because I fell asleep. But I am still listing it because I WILL watch it sometime in the next week or so. :)

In Progress - 19. Complete a cross-stitch project.
It's bought and started!! I am going to cross-stitch and apron for myself. And I also bought John's stocking for next year, felt applique. I'm also hoping to get mine done by Christmas, but won't be buying it until I finish his. Now, with the wedding to plan, wedding crafts to do and all that fun stuff, I'm not so sure that I will be getting the stockings done this year. . . .we'll see.

In Progress - 34. Eat 5 things I have never tried before.
When we went down to the wedding, we ate at Olive Garden. Now, I love Olive Garden and ate there quite a bit when I was in Kalamazoo. But John ordered some seafood thing and it had mussels in it. I've never had mussels, nor had any desire to try them. He wanted me to though. . .

So I did.

I don't recommend them.

I would eat them if they were served to me, but I would never order them.

In Progress - 40. Try 101 new recipes.
We had dinner at Jason and Shawnia's and I was told to bring dessert. So, I tried two new recipes.

Kiss Pies.
These were very easy to make, very cute, and very yummy. Unfortunately I forgot to take a picture of them. Oh well, next time.

I made them with the Mint Truffle Kisses and the Chocolate Meltaway Kisses. My favorite were the mint truffle ones but I *LOVE* mint chocolate. (John's not a fan.)

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip.
My whole family loves chocolate chip cookie dough. So when I found a recipe for a DIP, I had to try it. It was delicious. I used Nila wafers to dip in it and they were perfect. Warning though: the dip is very sweet and very addictive. (I left the batch at Jason and Shawnia's to save my waistline. :) )

In Progress - 42. Try 10 New Restaurants.
Denny's.
When we went down for Dan's wedding, we got there on Thursday night and ate with Dan, Leah and Rachel at Denny's. Believe it or not, I had never been to a Denny's. Bob Evans, yes. Denny's, no. And we ended up eating there with Mom and Dad for breakfast on Sunday too!

El Ranchero
Last Sunday, when I got out of work, Tierney, Mom and I went dress shopping. After dress shopping, we were all starving, so we went to El Ranchero for dinner. As you can probably assume it's a mexican restaurant. The food was pretty good, and the fried ice cream was amazing!! :D

Completed - 44. Become an organ donor.
A couple weeks ago I got my enhanced driver's licence so I can go to Canada, or Mexico, or the Caribbean. When I got my new license, I also signed up to become an organ donor.

In Progress - 52. Send or give 101 cards.
I've been slacking here! But I have given three more.
One was to John, just because.
Another was for Dan and Leah for their wedding gift.
And the last was for Tierney, asking her to be a bridesmaid. (I failed to take a picture. . . my bad, I was in a hurry, she was walking in the door as I was finishing it!)

Completed - 82. Have a Successful New Year's Celebration.
Our New Year's celebration was nothing "special." We didn't go out. We didn't do anything special. But it was special to me. I have a horrible track record with New Year's. For some reason it always ends up in a fight over something ridiculous or one of the people involved being mad. So successful just meant happy to me. And I don't think I could have been happier.

We stayed in, watched TV and cuddled. Then after the ball dropped we went to bed. I had to be lame because I had to work at 7 am the next day.

Completed - 95. Go fishing.
Ice fishing counts, right? John has been asking me to go fishing with him for weeks, no months, now. I've always been working, or busy, or it's too cold, or. . . .or. . . . or. . .

Well on Wednesday, it was GORGEOUS out. So when John texted me and asked me if I wanted to go ice fishing, I said yes. Now, he didn't believe me at first. . . but I was serious. So, he got stuff together and when I got home I changed my clothes and put warm clothes on then we headed out.

I thought it was great! (And even caught a fish, even though it wasn't big enough to keep. . .) That is, until the sun went down and we all instantly froze. But I think I'll go again!! :)
--------------------------

Sorry it took so long to update. . . my life has been so crazy in the past month or so (see other blogs for those stories!).

♥ Sara

No comments: